Abralia siedleckyiKotaro Tsuchiya
- Tentacle clubs
- Two or three hooks on ventral side.
- Two rows of large suckers on dorsal side of manus.
- Left ventral arm of male hectocotylized.
- Hectocotylus with two different sized off-set flaps.
- Eye Photophores
- Five complex organs: two terminal, opaque organs and three intermediate silvery organs.
- Posterior opaque organ much larger than others.
- Integumental Photophores
- Ventral mantle and head with scattered arrangement of integumental organs.
- Mantle apex ("tail")
- Broad and extends well beyond conus of gladius.
Geographical distributionInformation on distribution is scarse. The type locality is off southwest Cape, South Africa. A very similar specimen was collected from the southeast coast of Australia.
Tokyo University of Fisheries, Konan, Minato, Tokyo
Page copyright © 2000
Citing this page:
Tsuchiya, Kotaro. 2000. Abralia siedleckyi http://tolweb.org/Abralia_siedleckyi/19656/2000.01.01 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Version 01 January 2000 (under construction).