Abralia spaerckiKotaro Tsuchiya
- Tentacle clubs
- Five to seven hooks on ventral side.
- Two rows of large suckers on dorsal side of manus.
- Right ventral arm of male hectocotylized.
- Hectocotylus with two different sized off-set flaps.
- Proximal part of modified portion with armature.
- Eye Photophores
- Five major complex organs: two large, terminal, opaque organs and three intermediate silvery organs; some minute additional organs present.
- Integumental Photophores
- Ventral mantle and head with relatively sparse, scattered arrangement of integumental organs.
Geographical distributionA. spaercki is recorded from the shelf waters of the Philippines, Indonesia, and northern Australia.
Tokyo University of Fisheries, Konan, Minato, Tokyo
Page copyright © 2000
Citing this page:
Tsuchiya, Kotaro. 2000. Abralia spaercki http://tolweb.org/Abralia_spaercki/19650/2000.01.01 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Version 01 January 2000 (under construction).