User Feedback for the Tree of Life
We would like to know what our users think about the new Tree of Life. Please enter your comments and suggestions for improvements below. We welcome anonymous comments, but some information about yourself would be helpful, e.g.:
- Are you a student, teacher, researcher, leisure surfer?
- Is this your first visit to our site, or are you a power user?
- What sorts of things are you looking for at our website?
You can also use this form to report any problems you find at the Tree of Life website, e.g., a broken link, a missing image, a function that isn't working, etc. When reporting a problem, please be sure to include the web address of the page where you found the irregularity and tell us which web browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer, what version?) you used to access our site. In general, the more information you provide in your bug report, the easier it will be for us to get to the bottom of the problem. Here are a few topics you should consider covering in your description:
- What exactly were you doing when the problem happened?
- Were you able to reproduce the problem? That is, when you did exactly the same thing a second and third time, did the problem happen again? Does the problem happen every single time you do something, or is its occurrence more erratic?
- Can you give a description of the steps we should go through to replicate the problem?
- Have you seen this problem only on this page, or does it also occur on other pages?
- Do you know if there is anything unusual about the configuration or system you are using? (Feel free to report problems observed in rare browsers or operating systems. We would like to make the ToL website useable for a wide audience, so we will do what we can to accommodate your system.)
- Do you have a guess on what the problem may be and how we could solve it?
- How annoying is this problem on a scale of 1-10?
We cannot respond to every single comment we receive. But if you provide your e-mail address, we may get in touch with you to further discuss your suggestions. Please note that we can only answer questions specific to our project. We do not have the resources to respond to requests for homework help or general research assistance, and we cannot provide critter identification services. If you need help identifying an organism that you found in your home or garden, try contacting the agricultural extension service of your local college or university.