- Tockus (Crowned Hornbill and relatives)
- Anorrhinus (Brown Hornbill and Bushy-crested Hornbill)
- Tropicranus albocristatus (White-crested Hornbill)
- Ocyceros (Grey Hornbills)
- Anthracoceros (Malabar Pied Hornbill and relatives)
- Buceros (Great Hornbill and relatives)
- Rhinoplax vigil (Helmeted Hornbill)
- Penelopides (Tarictic Hornbill and Sulawesi Hornbill)
- Berenicornis comatus (White-crowned Hornbill)
- Aceros (Rufous-necked Hornbill and relatives)
- Rhyticeros (Blyth's Hornbill and relatives)
- Ceratogymna (Wattled Hornbills)
- Bycanistes (Piping Hornbill and relatives)
Alexander, G. D., D. C. Houston, and M. Campbell. 1994. A possible acoustic function for the casque structure in hornbills (Bucerotidae). Journal of Zoology 233:57-67.
Kemp, A. C. 1995. The Hornbills (Order Bucerotiformes). Bird families of the World Series No 1. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
Lum, S. and P. Poonswad, eds. 2005. The Ecology of Hornbills: Reproduction and Populations. Pimdee Karnpin, Bangkok.
Page copyright © 2008
Page: Tree of Life Bucerotidae. Hornbills. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 27 June 2008
- Content changed 27 June 2008
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2008. Bucerotidae. Hornbills. Version 27 June 2008 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Bucerotidae/26431/2008.06.27 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/