Doryteuthis (Amerigo) ocula
Bigeye inshore squidMichael Vecchione and Richard E. Young
- Mantle bluntly pointed.
- Eyes very large; visible part 15 to 21% ML.
- Fin length 45 to 55% ML.
- Left ventral arm hectocotylized; modified in distal 1/3 to 1/4 but not to tip; 10 to 12 suckers in dorsal row <1/2 diameter of ventral counterparts; 2-5 suckers proximal to reduced suckers are enlarged; all modified suckers on swollen, triangular bases.
- Vernacular Names: En: Bigeye inshore squid, Fr: Calmar à gros yeux, Sp: Calamar ojigrande
Correspondence regarding this page should be directed to Michael Vecchione at
Page copyright © 2010
Page: Tree of Life Doryteuthis (Amerigo) ocula Authored by . Bigeye inshore squid.Michael Vecchione and Richard E. Young. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 02 September 2010
- Content changed 02 September 2010
Citing this page:
Vecchione, Michael and Richard E. Young. 2010. Doryteuthis (Amerigo) ocula http://tolweb.org/Doryteuthis_%28Amerigo%29_ocula/52725/2010.09.02 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Bigeye inshore squid. Version 02 September 2010 (under construction).