Appias (Catophaga) celestina described in Pieris
Blue AlbatrossAndrew V. Z. Brower
- celestina celestina (Boisduval, 1832) Aru, Waigeo, New Guinea, northern Australia
- = Tachyris celestina var. sekarensis Ribbe, 1886
- = Appias celestina galerus Fruhstorfer, 1910
- = Appias celestina var. tamibia Strand, 1912
- celestina barea Frushsorfer, 1910 Kep. Aru
- celestina eumelis (Boisduval, 1832) Papua, New ireland, New Britiain, Duke of York I.
- = Appias delicata Butler, 1882
- celestina galepsus Fruhstorfer, 1910 Kep. Kai
- celestina orientalis Rothschild, 1915 Papua, Bougainville
Additional infrasubspecific and unavailable names applied to this species:
aurifera Fruhstorfer 1910; flava Ribbe, 1886; lileia Fruhstorer, 1910; limia Fruhstorfer, 1910; typicum Talbot, 1932
Yata, O., J. E. Chainey and R. I. Vane-Wright. 2010. The golden and Mariana albatrosses, new species of pierid butterflies, with a review of the subgenus Appias (Catophaga) (Lepidoptera). Systematic Entomology 35: 764-800.
Correspondence regarding this page should be directed to Andrew V. Z. Brower at
Page copyright © 2010
Page: Tree of Life Appias (Catophaga) celestina described in Pieris. Blue Albatross. Authored by Andrew V. Z. Brower. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 20 October 2010
- Content changed 20 October 2010
Citing this page:
Brower, Andrew V. Z. 2010. Appias (Catophaga) celestina described in Pieris. Blue Albatross. Version 20 October 2010 (under construction). http://tolweb.org/Appias_%28Catophaga%29_celestina/87413/2010.10.20 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/