- Brachioteuthis sp. A
- Brachioteuthis sp. 1 (NZ)
- Brachioteuthis sp. 2 (NZ)
- Brachioteuthis sp. 3 (NZ)
- Brachioteuthis sp. B (Bermuda)
- Brachioteuthis sp. 4 (NZ)
I've changed the original text in this box by adding a list of other characters that we discussed in Vigo as being important to pay attention to in future descriptions. I've done this from memory, so I'm sure I've missed some. Please add/adjust as necessary (EKS Jan2010).
- Integument without fibrous net; sometimes with cutaneous structures on mantles of mature individuals. photo
- Tentacles/club structure
- Largest suckers from proximal manus about 1/2 or less the diameter of the largest sucker from the proximal dactylus.
- Carpal locking apparatus present. photo
- Arms & suckers
- Funnel organ
- Digestive gland
- Funnel locking aparatus
Page copyright © 2019
All Rights Reserved.
- First online 10 November 2012
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2012. Brachioteuthis. Version 10 November 2012 (under construction). http://tolweb.org/Brachioteuthis/24101/2012.11.10 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/