- Cystophora cristata (Hooded Seal)
- Erignathus barbatus (Bearded Seal)
- Halichoerus grypus (Gray Seal)
- Histriophoca fasciata (Ribbon Seal)
- Hydrurga leptonyx (Leopard Seal)
- Leptonychotes weddellii (Weddell Seal)
- Lobodon carcinophaga (Crabeater Seal)
- Mirounga (Elephant Seals)
- Monachus (Monk Seals)
- Ommatophoca rossii (Ross Seal)
- Pagophilus groenlandicus (Harp Seal)
- Phoca (Spotted Seal & Common Seal)
- Pusa (Caspian, Ringed, and Baikal Seal)
Davis, C. S., I. Delisle, I. Stirling, D. B. Siniff, and C. Strobeck. 2004. A phylogeny of the extant Phocidae inferred from complete mitochondrial DNA coding regions.
Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 33(2):363-377.
Page copyright © 2009
Page: Tree of Life Phocidae. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 06 September 2009
- Content changed 06 September 2009
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2009. Phocidae. Version 06 September 2009 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Phocidae/16020/2009.09.06 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/