- Porphyrio porphyrio (Purple Swamphen)
- Porphyrio madagascariensis (African Swamphen)
- Porphyrio hochstetteri (Takahe)
- Porphyrio alleni (Allen's Gallinule)
- Porphyrio martinicus (Purple Gallinule)
- Porphyrio flavirostris (Azure Gallinule)
Trewick, S.A. 1996. Morphology and evolution of two Takahe: flightless rails of New Zealand. J. Zool., Lond. 238:221-237.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2007
Page: Tree of Life Porphyrio. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 31 August 2007
- Content changed 31 August 2007
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2007. Porphyrio. Version 31 August 2007 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Porphyrio/90210/2007.08.31 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/