ToL Learning for Teachers
- Take the ToL Learning Tour
- Explore Four Ways of Learning with the ToL. The ToL provides four different ways of interacting with ToL learning resources, from the least interactive (browsing) to the most interactive (becoming a treehouse builder and creating ToL treehouse web pages).
- Find curriculum materials on the Teacher Resources page
- Visit ToL treehouses
- View investigations, games, stories, art and culture pieces, biographies and more. Visit treehouses by clicking the links in the right sidebar, going to the main treehouse page under the browse menu, or by visiting ToL branch and leaf pages with treehouses.
- Build treehouses
on your own or with your class!
- Start Class Treehouse Building Projects
- See Building for Teachers for instructions, lessons, guidelines, rubrics, science and technology education standards and more.
- We welcome teachers to work with their classrooms to create treehouses about their favorite organisms, organismal biology topics, and biologists. We also invite teachers to add curriculum materials to share with others, see Building for Learners.
- Try out our treehouse building tools
- As a you will:
- Build excitement about bioscience learning by providing your students with fun and creative ways to learn about Life on Earth.
- Support the scientific inquiry process in your classroom and help create young scientists. ToL learning resources assist students with building their prior knowledge, reflecting on their practice, publishing their results, entering into the dialogue of scientists, and generally building their self-concept as science practitioners.
- Forge connections between science, literacy and technology learning. Creating web pages provides a motivating medium to promote student writing and scientific enterprise. The process of building a web page will cultivate students' basic computer skills, as well as more advanced areas such as the creation of multimedia files.
- As a you and your students will:
- Create your own treehouse web pages using ToL web-based data entry tools and digital media: images, audio, movies, and text.
- Publish treehouse games, stories, investigations, art and cultural pieces, biographies, and teacher resources on the Tree of Life.
- Learn about phylogeny biology, new places, organisms and projects.
- Access fun, interdisciplinary treehouse building activities to learn about biodiversity online, in class and outdoors.
- Collaborate with other with kids, teachers, science enthusiasts and scientists from around the world and connect your work to the larger bioscience community.
Please contact with any questions you may have.