Abralia heminuchalisKotaro Tsuchiya
- Tentacle clubs
- Two or three hooks on ventral side.
- Two rows of large suckers on dorsal side of manus.
- Left ventral arm of male hectocotylized.
- Hectocotylus with two different sized off-set flaps.
- Eye Photophores
- Five, complex organs: two large terminal opaque organs and three intermediate silvery organs. Posterior opaque organ distinctly largest of all organs.
- Integumental Photophores
- Ventral mantle and head with scattered arrangement of integumental organs.
- Large organs each surrounded by space lacking photophores.
Tokyo University of Fisheries, Konan, Minato, Tokyo
Page copyright © 2000
Citing this page:
Tsuchiya, Kotaro. 2000. Abralia heminuchalis http://tolweb.org/Abralia_heminuchalis/19665/2000.01.01 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Version 01 January 2000 (under construction).