Abraliopsis tuiKotaro Tsuchiya
- Tentacle clubs
- Two rows of Different-sized hooks on manus.
- Carpal flap and aboral keel distinct.
- Arms IV distinctly long; ALI IV = 100-110.
- Arms with 17 - 23 hooks and ca.30 suckers (excl. arm IV).
- Hectocotylus with single long narrow flap along ventral margin.
- Modified portion with armature.
- Integumental Photophores
- Ventral mantle and head with scattered arrangement of integumental organs.
CommentsThis group, with a scattered integumental photophore pattern, has few taxonomic characters but each species occupies a different watermass. They are identified by some morphometric or meristic characters such as fin length index, arm length index, hook and sucker count, etc.
Geographical DistributionThis species is only known from New Zealand and Kermadec waters (Riddell, 1985).
Riddell, D.J. 1985. The Enoploteuthidae (Cephalopoda: Oegopsida) of the New Zealand region. Fisheries Reserch Bulletin (NZ), 27:1-52.